Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hawaii Trip Day 4 l Schaffer Photography

Beach Photos!! Finally!!

We went with our friends Steve and Supriya to Waimea (Why-may-ah) Bay.  Waimea Bay was voted one of the best beaches in the world!!  Being the daredevils that we are, we just had to jump off of the cliffs.  The locals do it all the time!  It was so much fun and, trust me, it feels much higher than it looks when you're jumping off!!


That's me jumping!!
 
Stephen jumping!!
 

The fields above Waimea Bay
 There is a great Shave Ice war debate on the island of Oahu.  Aoki's vs. Matsumoto's.  We chose Aoki's and it was great!  I can't speak for the quality of Matsumoto...  Stephen got azuki beans in the bottom of his shave ice :)

Double fisting it!

 

In the photo below, what you see in my hand is the magical food Musubi (Moo-soo-bee).  Musubi is fried Spam, rolled in sticky rice and wrapped in seaweed.  Yes, it's like Spam sushi and frown if you want, but it tastes amazing.  I was a little hesitant at first.  I mean, its Spam!!  But I will try and food once and once I tried it, I loved it :)  Musubi is a common beach food and was being handed out this day by a church group to locals, so we grabbed some!



Calling all Lost fans!  I have never watched the show, but below are the photos from the beach, Mokule'i'a (Moe-koo-lay-ee-ah), where Lost was filmed.  I thought that was pretty cool!








No comments:

Post a Comment