Saturday, September 3, 2011

Yellow Watermelons and Supposedly Lazy Saturdays l Roanoke VA Photographer

My day today was supposed to be lazy. Relaxing.  Nothing to do.  I bet by now you are guessing that it hasn't been and you would be right.  I won't go into it anymore than that except to say that I sure am glad to be home for the next 2 hours before my next photo shoot this afternoon.  My dad left me a surprise last night on my doorstep and wouldn't tell me anything else about it until I could see for myself.  I'm not much for surprises (as my husband painfully knows!) but I tried to patiently wait to find out what it was.  I was excited to see that it was a watermelon as the surprised but I was not quite as shocked as this morning when I went to eat it.  When I sliced it open, I was shocked to see that it was bright YELLOW on the inside.  Way cool.  It looks a little strange, but it tastes amazing.  It's a little more tart than a regular red watermelon, but so refreshing.  Thanks Dad!!


I am so excited about my bridal shoot this afternoon for one of my dearest friends Alicia who is getting married NEXT weekend.  Not too many of my best friends have taken the plunge yet and I love weddings so much.  I am a bridesmaid in this wedding so I couldn't be the photographer :( but I still get the privilege of  shooting her bridals!  I will post photos after her wedding next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment